While it’s rarely a serious health concern, many people want to know how to reduce chubby cheeks and other facial bloating.
Chubby cheeks are cute on babies and toddlers, but they can make adults self-conscious.
Indeed, many people feel that a chubby face makes them look overweight or bloated, and some just want the chiseled jawlines and cheekbones they see on models and celebrities.
Chubby cheeks are actually very common, and there are many things that cause them, including:
- Poor diet
- Lack of sleep
- Too much salt, sugar, fat, or carbohydrates
- Dehydration and water retention
Whatever the cause, there are ways that people can reduce their chubby cheeks and slim down their face.
How to Naturally Reduce Fat from Your Face
If you want to know how to reduce chubby cheeks fast, there are a number of natural health tips you can follow. These face-slimming techniques will help reduce bloating and keep your cheeks slim.
1. Avoid Alcohol
Drinking alcohol can cause a number of health problems, and it can also cause facial bloating. Since alcohol dehydrates your body, it can lead to water retention and puffy features. Cut alcohol out, or limit yourself to one drink per day, to help keep your face slim.
2. Drink Water
When you are dehydrated, your body retains water, leading to puffy facial features. Drink at least eight glasses of water throughout the day.
3. Eat Less Salt
While a number of foods can lead to facial swelling, salt is one that can cause bloating. Salt causes water retention, so limit salt intake in your diet, and choose low-sodium options when available.
4. Eat More Nutritious Foods
Both protein and nutrient-rich diets are good for eliminating chubby cheeks. Too many carbs or too much fat can cause your cheeks to swell.
5. Choose Good Hairstyles
Sometimes, perception is everything. You can create the appearance of slimmer cheeks using a hairstyle that suits your face. A bad hairstyle can also make your cheeks look chubbier than they actually are.
6. Perform Strength Exercises
Working out, specifically doing strength exercises that work on your muscles, helps increase your metabolism and burn off excess weight. While you can’t target one section of your body, regular exercise can help your face slim down.
Exercises for Chubby Cheeks
If you want to know how to reduce chubby cheeks and double chins, as well as other flabby or puffy facial features, the best way is to exercise your face.
Exercise your face? It may sound silly, but there are exercise techniques you can use to work the muscles in your face, helping tone your facial features and add definition. One thing to note is that you cannot do any exercise which will specifically target the fat that’s on your face. The only way to lose fat is by doing general workouts that help slim your body down. That said, here are some exercises you can do to reduce chubby cheeks:
- Exercise 1: Puff air into your cheeks. Now, push the air to one cheek and hold it there for a minute. After, push the air to the other cheek and hold it there for one minute. You can also push the air up into your lower or upper lip area. Doing this will help exercise your cheeks.
- Exercise 2: Make a “fish face” by sucking in your cheeks, except only do one cheek at a time. Hold this for one minute for each cheek.
- Exercise 3: Make a pouty face, scrunching up your cheeks. Hold this face for one minute. This exercise will help tighten your cheeks.
- Exercise 4: Start with your mouth closed. Slowly change your mouth into a big, wide smile, going until you can feel tightening around your eyes. Then, slowly bring your mouth into an “O” shape.
All of these exercises can be done up to 10 times throughout the day.
Bonus Tips to Reduce Chubby Cheeks
Some people want to know how to reduce chubby cheeks in one week, or even how to reduce chubby cheeks in a day. If this is what you are after, check out these bonus tips to reduce chubby cheeks:
- Use makeup: Want to know how to reduce chubby cheeks with makeup? If you use the right techniques, you can make your cheeks appear slimmer and create the perception of a toned face. Look up makeup tutorials for advice.
- Chew gum: If you want to know how to reduce chubby cheeks with chewing gum, it’s easy: just chew the gum. Chewing lots of gum over a period of time can help strengthen the muscles in your jaw, making them more pronounced.
- Exercise: Regular exercise, such as jogging or swimming, will help you lose weight. Again, while you can’t target the fat on your face, exercising will burn fat everywhere, and that includes your cheeks.
Many people have chubby cheeks and generally it’s not a problem, but for some, chubby cheeks can make them feel self-conscious. Luckily, the best way to lose your chubby cheeks and reduce face fat is by being healthy. Exercise, build muscle, eat a nutritious diet, and stay hydrated. If you want to know how to reduce chubby cheeks, there is no better advice to follow.
If you still have chubbiness even after trying these tips, then facial exercises may be the answer for you. With regular exercise, you can work towards getting the slim, toned face that you have always wanted.
Sources for Today’s Article:
“How to Get Rid of Chubby Cheeks,” Med-Health web site; http://www.med-health.net/How-To-Get-Rid-Of-Chubby-Cheeks.html, last accessed April 7, 2016.
“How To Lose Face Fat Fast! – Exercises to Get Rid of a Double Chin,” A Workout Routine web site; http://www.aworkoutroutine.com/how-to-lose-face-fat/, last accessed April 7, 2016.
Vyas Patel, Sapna, “How to Get Rid of Chubby Cheeks and Lose Face Fat,” StayWow web site, April 5, 2016; http://www.staywow.com/How-to-Get-Rid-of-Chubby-Cheeks-and-lose-face-fat, last accessed April 7, 2016.