The grass is green, the sun is shining, and the flowers are bloomingâthat can only mean one thing: spring is here!
The spring weather may carry with it many stimulating characteristics, but not all of it is warm and fuzzy.
For some people, one surprising effect of the change in weather is oily skin. Because the temperature can change so quickly, our bodies sometimes donât adapt as swiftlyâas a result, our skin can sweat and become oily very quickly.
The good news?Iâll provide you with some of the best tips and advice on how to treat your oily skin to make it look healthy and beautiful throughout the warmer months. Why stop there though? Iâll also provide some bonus beauty tips that will make you look as hot as the weather is!
Effects of Springtime Weather on the Skin
Your skin is a delicate work of art. The slightest burn or excess oil can cause irritation that will not only alter your appearance, but also your mood.With excess oil on the face, blackheads and pimples can begin to form, especially if the oil sits there too long. In this case, exfoliating can do wonders for your skin! The excess oil on your face will likely come into contact with dirt, and youâll have more dead skin cells that need to be removed. Exfoliating your skin on a regular basis will blast away those unsightly pimples, blackheads, and dead skin cells.You might feel that you donât need to moisturize your face because it is oily, but it is imperative to replace the lost moisture after washing and exfoliating. If you donât, your skin will dry out and be forced to produce and secrete more oil than necessary, which then makes your oily skin worse.Finally, as the weather heats up, you want to make sure you protect your skin from the sunâs UV rays. Getting some sun is significantâhello, vitamin Dâbut it is important to wear sunscreen to prevent premature skin aging, age spots and uneven skin tone, and wrinkling.
Let me put it this way: do you want to be 30 years old, but look like youâre 50? If the answer is no, then you should always apply sunscreen on your face and body before you head outside. Make sure to reapply every couple hours.
Quick and Easy Fixes for Oily Skin in the Springtime
As mentioned previously, when the weather starts heating up, we tend to sweat moreâthis can lead to excess oil on our faces and result in ugly breakouts. This is why oily skin requires extra care and special attention, especially during warmer months.
So, what do you do if you have shiny, oily skin just before you are about to step out? Here are a couple of solutions to try when youâre pressed for time:
–Â As you are getting ready, take a bit of rubbing alcohol and dab it onto a cotton ballârub that on your face. This method will pull the excess oil from your skin and leave your face looking smooth and shine-free, which means your friends wonât be able to see their reflections on your face.
– Carry a package of oil-blotting sheets with youâthey are super handy when you are out and about and notice excessive shine on your face. If you are out of blotting sheets, then go to the nearest restroom and grab some toilet paper, which can be used as a temporary oil-blotterâit takes some of the shine away and helps absorb the excess oil.
Bonus Beauty Skin Care Tips
Make sure to take care of your skin all year round. Below are a few simple tips that you can follow to give your skin that beautiful glow, whether itâs summer, autumn, winter, or spring:
1. Cleanse your skin: It may be an obvious step for some, but there are just as many people who fall asleep without properly cleansing their skin. Cleansing on a daily basis has been a tried, tested, and true method of removing dirt and decreasing your chances of a breakout. Thoroughly washing your face at least twice a day, preferably with a gentle cleanser, will unclog your pores and reduces the chances of reoccurring acne.
2. Drink fluids: Drinking at least eight to 10 glasses of water a day will detoxify your body and improve its fluid balanceâthis will improve your skinâs appearance.
3. Always remove your makeup before bed: We know you always want to look your best, but when youâre sleeping, itâs not necessary. Do your skin a favor and wash off your makeup before you hit the sack. If you donât, the makeup can clog your pores and this will increase the risk of bacteria growing in your skin. It does not matter how tired or sick you areâalways make sure you cleanse the makeup from your face before bedtime.
4. Home remedies: Using natural, homemade remedies to cleanse your skin will give your face a beautiful, soft glowâwithout the nasty side effects that often come from harsh skin care products. To keep excess oil under control, try all-natural masks using ingredients like honey, multani mitti, or aloe vera gel.
Youâre Ready to Go!
What is the first thing people look at when they see you? It is not your shoes or your clothesâitâs your face. The spring and summer months can be a very âlazyâ time for people, but that doesnât mean you can become lazy when it comes to taking care of your skin. Wash your face every day, keep hydrated with water, and use oil-free cosmeticsâI assure you that you will end up with healthy, clean, younger-looking skin.
Some people say that image is everythingâthat may not always be true. But it never hurts to look and feel beautiful (as well as oil-free!).
Oindrila, â6 Must Know Beauty Tips for Oily Skin,â StyleCraze web site, April 6, 2015; http://www.stylecraze.com/articles/6-must-know-beauty-tips-for-oily-skin/.
â10 Best Oily Skin Tips For A Shine-Free Complexion,â Seventeen web site, March 27, 2015; http://www.seventeen.com/beauty/makeup-skincare/tips/a7762/oily-face-tips/.Â
Naik, A.S., â8 easy ways to manage oily skin at home,â The Health Site web site; April 15, 2015; http://www.thehealthsite.com/beauty/simple-tips-to-manage-oily-skin/.
Vila, A.C., âSummer Tips & Tricks 4: Say no to oily skin,â The Philippine STAR web site, April 17, 2015; http://www.philstar.com/fashion-and-beauty/2015/04/17/1444915/summer-tips-tricks-4-say-no-oily-skin.